We had a great meeting at Charlie’s Cafe! Here are the highlights:
1. Ingleside Crime Report cites increased incidents of breaking and entry on Treat Ave. Neighbors are taking action to start a neighborhood watch. Increased loitering in the Childrens’ Playground between 9pm and midnight. The SFPD will step up their passing car routes for Treat Ave and around the Childrens’ Playground in Precita Park.
2. Please help find our photographer neighbor Joshua’s hard drive - a green flyer is posted around the park. If you see his Drobo hard drive S/N TDB105140327 please call him at 317.5303! Big reward, no questions asked.
3. Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) interested neighbors will organize a NERT training! NERT is earthquake preparedness that teaches a variety of life skills such as first aid, search and rescue, and trains people to be leaders in managing neighborhood emergencies. Stay tuned for our PVN NERT training dates!
3. PVN members on Precita and on Manchester have enlisted Friends of the Urban Forest to coordinate sidewalk greening scheduled in the next two weeks! Great job neighbors!
4. A big thank you to Father Garcia and Miguel Martinez of St. Anthony’s! They are coordinating efforts to install increased lighting on Precita between Shotwell and Folsom! PVN is happy to partner with St. Anthony’s plan to install increased lighting. We will be meeting with Fr. Garcia and Miguel to determine a cost effective solution.
5. Hillside Supper Club will be taking over Cafe Cozzolino soon! WE CANNOT WAIT! CREATIVE, DELICIOUS, ENTICING FOOD AND COMPANY! Precita Valley hosts a variety of fab cafes - the expanded Charlie’s, Precita Park Cafe, and Hillside! Charlie is hosting Charlie’s Culture Club on March 24th 1-4pm featuring cool jazz and hot new fiction/book signing!
6. MARCH 31st is Make a Tile Day at Precita Mural Eyes! Proceeds go to Precita Mural Eyes project for the Bernal Library Mural! Tiles will be installed in the Childrens’ Playground in Precita Park! Precita Mural Eyes is offering two Tile Sessions - 10am-noon or 1pm-3pm! Join us and be a part of tile history!