Here is our PVN Meeting Summary:
1. Susan Cervantes, Executive Director of Precita Mural Eyes, requested Precita Valley Neighbors support Precita Mural Eyes to proceed with a permit process through the Recreation and Parks Department and the Arts Commission to install approximately 50 6.5”clay tiles painted by neighbors in the Childrens’ Playground. The motion passed unanimously. PVN will write a letter of support to the RPD and the Arts Commission to recommend permit approval.
2. The Precita Park Renovation has begun! Here is the current status summary by our project manager, Lauren Frells, “The first phase of the project, which will include the repair of the root damager to the asphalt path on the northern edge of the park will begin this week to be completed by June 23rd. The second phase of the project, which will replace the playground safety surfaces and the decomposed granite in the picnic area will begin the week of June 25th to be completed by July 20th.” Here is a diagram of the park renovations: (click to enlarge)
3. Max Vargas and other long time PVN volunteers have volunteered to be our new PVN chairs and co-chairs. Yay! Thank you!
4. Crime Updates: Here is our list of contact numbers:
LIST OF CALL NUMBERS:
STAY ON THE LINE IF A CRIME IS IN PROGRESS SO POLICE CAN MAKE AN ARREST
CALL INGLESIDE STATION FOR CARS AND BUSES PARKED FOR MORE THAN THREE DAYS, SUSPICIOUS LOITERING IN PRECITA PARK, AND ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE INCLUDING CAR WINDOW BASHING.
311: Abandoned Cars, Repair Bus Shelters, Graffiti Hot Line, Street Cleaning (including big items left on the street and sidewalks), Traffic Signs obscured by trees or down, Street Lighting Broken
404-4000: Ingleside Police Station for Park Loitering, Vehicles Parked more than 3 days – including buses, and car window bashing
553-0123: Non-emergency crimes such as stolen vehicles
553-8090: Emergency number when using a cell phone – use just like 911
911: Any crime in progress. This does include car window bashing, loitering with use of drugs or alcohol in Precita Park.
553-1426: Anonymous tip line
INGLESIDE POLICE STATION:
Captain’s email: www.Daniel.J.Mahoney.sfgov.org
Community Meetings every 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Community Room
5. Merchant Update: Tony and Jonathan, creators of Hillside Restaurant, invite you on Mondays and Tuesdays at Cafe Cozzo! Great local California cuisine, and everyone is welcome! Charlie will open up a tapas bar soon! Please check out all our wonderful local businesses: Crayon Box, Precita Park Cafe, and Harvest Hills! We appreciate you all!:)