Don’t be jealous - you could be one too! Yes, at Precita Valley Neighbors
we do fab public park makeovers! Here are some photos of those people who make all that beauty possible…join us if you dare!
Precita Valley Neighbors Welcomes the New Year!
* Hillside Supper Club opens as a year round TOTALLY fabulous community restaurant!
* Park Bench Cafe opens in the New Year with fantastic food and beverages!
* Precita Park Cafe offers expanded lunch and dinner menus!
* Charlie’s Cafe continues Music and Literary Jams, notably this Saturday, 12/15 at 1pm is Josh Griffin the the Pogues!
* Precita Bark for all dog lovers and dogs who love to be groomed!
Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year in Precita Valley!
Come join us this Saturday November 17th for a day of planting at the Alabama Street Triangle. This is phase two of our initiative to beautify our neighborhood. Please come by to help or just say hello and meet your neighbors.
Meeting location: Precita Park Cafe
Date & Time: November 17th at 9:00 a.m.
What to bring: Gardening tools, gloves, a smile, and participation as we continue to make our Precita Valley neighborhood shine!
Alabama triangle clean-up update - Neighbors got together and did a great job removing trash, pruning and weeding. We will meet again on November 17th to do additional pruning and planting. Neighbor Bill Meyer will help coordinate the event and will assist in procuring plants. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the plating. Additional information will be provided as get closer to the event.
· Sidewalk Gardens on Precita
o Deadline for submitting forms: 10/22/2012
o Deadline to approve permit: 10/29/2012
o Planting date: 11/1/2012
o Neighborhood block party: 11/1/2012 (after planting)
· Ideas for increasing attendance – several suggestions were discussed to increase participation. Following are some of the ideas that are being considered
o Flyers will be posted at least a week prior to the meeting throughout the neighborhood
o Create a standard template to use for all PVN notices that neighbors can easily identify
o Look at the possibility of sending text alerts or creating a blog to notify people about the meeting
· Children playground update:
o Cost was higher than expected and as result there were not enough funds to complete original scope. Demece is looking at different options to complete work.
o Pending items:
§ Replacement of wood planks
§ Water fountain
· Hillside Supper Club:
o They are excited to announce they reach their funding goal
o The will be opening full time later this year
o Exploring the possibility of installing a parklet
Hi Manchester Street neighbors (please forward to those whose email addresses I don’t have),
Dear Precita Valley Neighbors,
The amazing upgrades to the children’s playground have been completed and the newly-renovated playground is a sight to behold. In our continued quest to beautify our neighborhood we are embarking in a new project. We are asking you to join us Saturday September 15 for a short Saturday Neighborhood project as we take on the Alabama Street Triangle!
Meeting location: Precita Park Cafe
Date & Time: September 15th at 9:30 a.m.
8/11 PVN Meeting Summary
Here is our PVN Meeting Summary:
1. Precita Improvement Updates – Here is the latest updates. Construction on playground is mostly complete. There are a few outstanding items still pending, sand replenishment and replacement of 8 deteriorating planks. Water fountain and kiosk will be installed in the next few months – date of completion to be announced.
2. Gina Scher and Dan Goodin provided an update on the sidewalk planning on Precita Ave. The sidewalk gardens have been fully funded that means FUF will be able to subsidize the cost of the entire project (concrete removal, pavers, edging, mulch and plants) except for the cost of the sidewalk permit. The gardens are expected to be installed sometime between fall 2012 and fall 2013. If you are interested in participating and you live on Precita between Folsom and Mission you can email Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Tony and Jonathan provided an update on their Kick starter campaign.
4. Future projects were discussed
a) Plantings – additional plants will be added to the planting beds. Exiting gaps will be filled with climate appropriate plants to add color and texture.
b) Neighborhood clean up – it was identified the need to set up a volunteer day to help keep the neighborhood clean. Clean up day will take place once per quarter in place of our regular meeting. Our first project will focus on the planning beds along Folsom and Precita. It was decided by the group to have our first Neighborhood clean up will take place in September.
c) Island on Precita & Alabama – Angie and other neighbors suggested to refresh island as it needs new plants, soil and weeding. Bill Meyer will reach out the FUF to see if they can assist with the project.
d) Trash – we will require getting a grant and additional funding to build an enclosure for existing garbage cans. Max will follow up.